January 1, 2018 § 6 Comments
According to eldest daughter…
- Mud splattered everywhere. Even on bedroom ceiling.
- Barking. Anytime. Especially at night when wants to play.
- No room for humans on sofas anymore.
- Chronic feeling of guilt when goes out without doggo.
- Doggo likes burping in face when feeling full and cheerful…
- Stinky ass farts (not my words, mind), when particularly full and even more cheerful…
- Paw marks on bed sheets. Bits and bobs under duvet that couldn’t have got there by themselves, like interesting twigs, pre historic sparrow corpse, rotting tennis ball…
- Recurrent teenage behaviour, eg. not listening, falling in river, getting stuck down rabbit hole. Has to be rescued so can do it again.
- No Christmas decorations this year. Mysteriously got chewed up…
March 30, 2015 § 10 Comments
February 27, 2015 § 6 Comments
February 17, 2015 § 10 Comments
barefoot in the snow
i am alive!
Written after Issa…
Issa (1762-1826) is one of the most well known haiku poets. He was a Buddhist priest, and spent many years simply wandering about Japan. I enjoy his work as he clearly loved to play with words and to make fun of both himself and the human condition. Although he used traditional images like cherry blossom and so on, his sense of humour and wonderfully eccentric imagination led to some great haiku: “here comes a bush warbler!/ wiping his dirty feet/ on the plum blossom”. His work can be both coarse or rough, yet exquisite at the same time. An inspiring and timeless poet.
May 15, 2014 § 29 Comments