March 7, 2017 § Leave a comment
making lots of straight lines
out of something
May 16, 2016 § 8 Comments
A few followers have expressed an interest in my weaving.
- I use a contemporary Japanese Saori loom, a work of art in itself.
- I make scarves, shawls, runners, and wall hangings.
- I use cotton, wool of any kind including yak, camel and cashmere, farmed and wild silk, bamboo and any other odd material I can find like hemp, soya, rose fibre, etc.
- All the delicate pieces are woven using an ultra fine silk thread made in Japan which is wrapped around very fine stainless steel. It produces translucent and malleable pieces which can be bent into shape.
Here’s a sample of what I’ve been up to:
- All these weavings are on their way to various exhibitions and perhaps will then be sold.
- I hope to have a website dedicated to my work soon 🙂
- And thank you, Chloe the wonderful dancer, for reminding me to do this! xxx
and thanks for looking…
November 5, 2015 § 7 Comments